A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went and trust us when we say it can be easy… if you set yourself up for success. So why not do just that? Don’t know where to start? Feel like you’re living paycheck to paycheck? Or maybe you’re just trying to save up for a new PC, phone or other piece of latest technology. No worries RushCard Fam, we’re here to help!
We’re holding a savings challenge for the first 21 days in November. Join in and spread the word using the #AllCoinsMatter hashtag on social media.
Participating is simple. Here’s how it works:
- Download our #AllCoinsMatter Savings Plan here.
- Check in at the end of each day, until November 21st and tally your points. But remember to hold yourself accountable. Set a reminder in your phone and make sure you’re tallying up your score. Stay committed!
Our point system breakdown:
- Save The Change (1 point): Spend $3.95 on a cup of joe this morning? Save the change! Put those $0.05 in your savings jar. Oh, and give yourself a point for doing so!
- Save $1 (1 point): Have you been saving the change? Add it up and give yourself a point if it totals $1 or more. Note: You can also earn a point by saving $1 for the day (and if you put it in your RushGoals account, you’ll more than double up on points).
- Spend < $25 (1 point): Did you budget correctly today? Spent less than $25? Go you! Give your self a point. You can also try these free mobile apps to help you master your money.
- Use a coupon (1 point): Check out RetailMeNot.com before shopping online and save yourself a few dollars. Or, check your local newspaper for some coupons. Do it and give yourself a point for saving. Groupon counts!
- Add $$$ to #RushGoals (3 points): It’s important to stick to a plan when saving. Commit to yours and hold yourself accountable by adding money to your #RushGoals. Each deposit earns you three whole points!
Tweet us @RushCard and let us know you’re in using the hashtag #AllCoinsMatter. Happy Savings!
ALSO CHECK OUT: